NEW STUDENT VETERAN CHECKLIST
This checklist is designed for student veterans admitted and enrolling at the University of Florida. For admission requirements and applying to the university, reference the University of Florida’s Office of Admissions website. To view a printable PDF of this checklist, click here.
STEP 1: ENROLLMENT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
- Send all final transcripts to the Office of Admissions, ensuring successful completion of all conditions noted in the admissions letter.
- Secure reservation for Transfer Preview. Student veterans must attend the Veterans Success On-Campus break-out session during Transfer Preview.
- University of Florida students cannot register for courses until the university receives proof of immunization history.
- Student veterans can obtain their immunization records through the University of Florida’s VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) Counselor Charlotte Kemper at email@example.com or 352-294-7215.
- The UF Mandatory Immunization Health History Form must be returned by hand or mailed to the UF Student Health Care Center at P.O. Box 117500, Gainesville, FL 32611-7500.
- Effective Summer B 2014, all newly admitted or re-admitted students who are enrolled in a degree-seeking program and are attending any UF campus will be required to show proof of adequate health insurance as a condition of enrollment.
- Student veterans can obtain health insurance through their local VA Medical Center. Student veterans should contact the University of Florida’s VSOC Counselor Charlotte Kemper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-294-7215 for assistance with this enrollment process.
- Explore financial assistance. All students can apply for financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA). Aid includes need-based scholarships, grants, and loans. Additional information may be obtained through the UF Office of Student Financial Affairs.
- University of Florida’s VSOC Counselor, Charlotte Kemper, can assist student veterans in obtaining VA work-study for those who are eligible. Contact her at email@example.com or 352-294-7215.
STEP 2: MEET WITH THE OFFICE OF STUDENT VETERAN SERVICES
- All student veterans must visit the University of Florida’s Office of Student Veteran Servicesto file required paperwork to receive VA Education Benefits. Failure to do so may cause a delay in the process of claiming benefits.
- 222 Criser Hall ~ 352-846-2872 ~ VAcounselor@ufl.edu
STEP 3: GET CONNECTED AND EXPLORE RESOURCES
- Schedule and appointment with the University of Florida’s VSOC Counselor. Visit the UF VSOC web pageor contact Charlotte Kemper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-294-7215 for an appointment.
- The Collegiate Veterans Success Center (CVSC), located in Yon Hall 418, is a designated location on campus for student veterans to study, to meet with on- and off-campus resources, and to spend time with and support each other in a fun and relaxing space. Visit the CVSC websiteor like CVSC on Facebook for more information.
- Connect with other student veterans through the Collegiate Veterans Society(CVS). This is a student organization dedicated to helping fellow collegiate veterans in the transition from military to college life. You can also like CVS on Facebook.